HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is short-duration workout comprised of repetitive intervals of maximal and moderate load. HIIT is an excellent mixed strength and cardio training that involves periods of intense exercise with less intense recovery periods. The decrease or increase in the loads depends on the type of physical activity of the group.
The main benefits of HIIT
Thanks to the regular HIIT training you get:
- Considerable acceleration of metabolism.
- Increased oxygen supply of tissue.
- Intensified fat-burning process.
- Development of fast-twitch muscle fibers and gaining of dry muscle mass.
- Increase of aerobic endurance level.
It’s safe to say that a well-planned 30-minute workout HIIT can burn much more calories than standard 60-minute training. This is explained by the fact that the body continues to burn calories during the post-workout period.
HIIT is a perfect training system for people who are eager to lose their excess weight and get into the best shape, but don’t have a lot of time for it.