Step aerobics is a special complex of exercises which is performed on a step platform to the rhythmic music. The training resembles walking up and down the stairs combined with aerobic exercises. The programme is aimed at the efficient burning of extra kilos, construction of a fit body and development of a beautiful posture.
Step aerobics exercises are quite simple and any person can perform them, regardless of age and level of physical fitness. The height of the platform can be tailored making it higher for a greater load. Each workout lasts 50-60 minutes, during which about 300 calories on average are burned.
The benefits of step aerobics training
Step aerobics can be safely called the most popular fitness programme among all the types of aerobic exercise. The effect is quickly achieved and becomes noticeable after several training sessions. Every training:
- Strengthenes the cardiovascular, respiratory and nervous systems.
- Helps to shape your legs and waist.
- Improves the work of the vestibular system.
- Helps to lose weight and tone all muscles.
- Develops plasticity and flexibility.
- Strengthens the muscles of arms, shoulders, back and abdominals if you use dumbbells during the workout.
Step-aerobics brings great benefits to people who lead a sedentary lifestyle: the regular training is an excellent prevention of arthritis and osteoporosis. In addition, the training develops endurance and has a health-improving effect on the entire body.